- Evolution of Free Zones – A brief history
- Rise in the popularity of Free Zones – Popular Case Studies & Reasons
- How Free Zones are taking control over the global supply chain?
In 2021, Blue Ocean Corporation hosted the 6th International Procurement and Supply Chain Conference on November 6in Dubai, uniting 800+procurement and supply chain professionals from all over the world. Built around the theme of One World One Supply Chain, IPSC 2021 drew special appreciation from Chief Guest His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan bin Mabarak Al Nahayan, UAE Cabinet Minister &Minister of Tolerance and Coexistence for its choice of a significant and timely theme.
The star-studded event which took place in Dubai’s Atlantis, The Palm saw the presence of top leaders like His Excellency Sheikh Awad Bin Mohammed bin Sheikh Mujrin, HFZA Director His Excellency Saud Salim Al Mazrouei, and Indian billionaire entrepreneur Mr.Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman of Bharti Airtel, among several others.
Blue Ocean’s 6th IPSC Conference which coincided with the Expo 2020 Dubai, offered a 360-degree view through which professionals were able to maximize their network & operationsthat helped them in eradicating silos & delivering a flexible and sustainable supply chain future. This was a global platform for thought leaders to discuss their Supply Chain Management experiences centered on indispensable strategies for efficient operational management & project success.
Five brilliant Panel Discussions and multiple Keynotes from some of the industry’s best minds, IPSC 2021 was all about empowering the supply chain community and creating an ocean of treasured knowledge and priceless experiences for all to take away.
Precisely Designed Agenda in 1 Day Conference
800+ delegates from 500+ Organizations
5 Power-Packed Panel Discussions
8 Keynote by Industry Leaders
Enriching Experiences for All to Take Away
FCIPS, FCILT, FCMI, CPM, CISCM, CPPM, CICCM, CERTIFIED SAP CONSULTANT - SCM/MM
The Conference also featured the illustrious International Procurement and Supply Chain Conference 2021 Awards ceremony, celebrating the extraordinary achievements of leaders and organizations.
Maraee Al Qahtani, Deputy Minister at Ministry of Health, KSA and Stacie Tackett, Senior Director at Pfizer, ME/Africa won the Procurement and Supply Chain Leader, and Woman Leader in Procurement and Supply Chain awards respectively.
Simultaneously, top companies like United Parcel Service (UPS) and Solutions by STC, KSA bagged awards for Outstanding Support – Supply Chain Management During Crisis Times, and Innovation in Procurement and Supply Chain Practice categories respectively. Several others were honoured in other categories.
The 6th IPSC Conference by Blue Ocean Conferences was the industry’s biggest event post-pandemic. This spectacular event was inaugurated by UAE Cabinet Minister His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan Bin Mabarak Al Nahayan. Receiving a well-deserved appreciation from His Excellency, Blue Ocean’s flagship conference received widespread attention from prominent media houses with updates flooding across leading dailies and social media platforms.
Blue Ocean is always proud of its students who are the flagbearers of the brand. In 2021, Blue Ocean trained over 10,000 students. To celebrate the hard work and achievements of our students, we organized a gala Convocation Ceremony on a global platform like the 6th IPSC Conference.
for the conference
|Activity At A Glance|
|Key Note Speech 1||‘World Logistics Passport’ – The Key for Seamless Operations of Supply Chains Across the World|
|Panel Discussion 1||Future of Logistics in MENA|
|Networking Café 1|
|Key Note Speech 2||Moving Towards a Responsible & Sustainable Global Supply Chain|
|Key Note Speech 3||How is Procurement a Game Changer in Supply Chain Management?|
|Panel Discussion 2||The Battle Between Supply Chain Efficiency & Risk Reduction|
|Key Note Speech 4||Blockchain - A Revolution in Procurement, Logistics & Supply Chain|
|Key Note Speech 5||Supply Chain Management: The Biggest Strength of E-commerce|
|Panel Discussion 3||Breaking the Barriers: Women in Logistics & Procurement|
|Panel Discussion 4||The Profound Impact of Artificial Intelligence in Procurement & Supply Chain Management|
|Key Note Speech 6||Project Management - A Prerequisite for Tackling Procurement & Supply Chain Complexities|
|Key Note Speech 7||Exploring the relationship between Human Resources Management & Supply Chain Management|
|Keynote Speech 8||The Strategic Role of Warehouse Management in the Supply Chain|
|Panel Discussion 5||Quality Management – A Key Booster for Organizational Agility|
|Award Distribution - Sponsors Felicitation - Vote of Thanks|
Key Note Topics
Importance of Free Zones in a Connected Global Supply Chain
Moving Towards a Responsible and Sustainable Global Supply Chain
- Connection between supply chain growth & sustainable development
- Approaches towards a sustainable supply chain - Direct, Indirect, Collaborative & Global.
- Integration of sustainability initiatives with business operations.
‘World Logistics Passport’ The Key for Seamless Operations of Supply Chains Across the World
- ‘World Logistics Passport’- World’s first global freight loyal scheme.
- Vision meets Reality – Enhanced trade flow for the world to flourish smoothly.
- Why join the World Logistics Passport network – Key Benefits
Transforming Procurement and SCM - A Technology First Approach
- How has Technology driven Procurement & Supply Chain Transparency?
- Digitalizing your Procurement and Supply Chain Transformation – Current & Future Trends.
Value Adding Revolutionary Retail Logistics & Transportation Methodologies
- Innovations that helped brick-and-mortar retail stores pace up their game.
- Why is Logistics so important for Retail Supply Chains?
- How can retail logistics aid sustainability?
Procurement - Game Changer in a Complex Supply Chain
- Streamlining processes & cost controlling with Procurement.
- Fostering supplier collaboration & innovation through Vendor Management.
- Meeting evolving customer demands & compliance requirements.
Quality Management – A Key Booster for Organizational Agility
- Transforming business leaderships to the next level.
- Maintaining a competitive edge in SCM with Quality Control.
- Case studies of QM increasing business agility & managing cost of quality
The Strategic Role of Warehouse Management in the Supply Chain
- Constant need for improving warehousing operations.
- Building customer-centric & value-centric warehousing strategies.
- Forces driving an agile and flexible warehouse design.
- Redefining warehouse operations with Warehouse Management System
Sustainable Transportation - Strategy of the future Logistics operations
- How Sustainability and Logistics are the two sides of the same coin?
- Decision making in Sustainable Transportation& Smart Logistics.
- Current & Future Trends in Sustainable Transportation& Smart Logistics
Listen, Learn & Grow
The Profound Impact of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Is Artificial Intelligence sharing the workload and lessening burdens of procurement and SCM professionals? If so, how?
- Analysing Case studies of Artificial Intelligence reducing room for error & fostering greater output in Supply chains.
- Are there any challenges of Artificial Intelligence in the supply chain context? If so, then how to overcome these challenges?
- Ways in which Artificial Intelligence has transformed Warehousing and Inventory Management- What New Applications have been deployed?
- What is the future of Artificial Intelligence in the global Procurement and Supply Chain Management practices?
- How the UAE is a leader in Artificial Intelligence best practices in Supply chain management?
Future of Logistics in MENA
- Key developments in the logistics industry during the last three years.
- What are the transformational trends that are driving the global logistics sector?
- How important is the UAE’s role in sustaining the global logistics sector?
- What is the significance of the World Logistics Passport on the global landscape?
- Ongoing developments in the GCC & MENA for bolstering seamless logistics operations.
- What impact has Digitalization and Technology created on the MENA logistics scenario?
- Top Predictions for logistics industry for the next 5 years
Breaking the Barriers - Women in Logistics & Procurement
- Gender inequality affects role of woman in logistics - Myth or Reality?
- Are there equal opportunities for women in logistics?
- How difficult is it for women to climb the logistics ladder?
- The rise of women leadership in crisis management.
- Balancing the industry’s versatility and more tips to further improve the same.
- Expert advice for the women of tomorrow interested in the supply chain industry?
Risk Mitigation or Sustainability - Finding the right balance in a Supply Chain
- Global supply chains operations in a post pandemic world – The Struggles.
- Digging deep inside the Suez Canal crisis Case Study – Lessons learnt.
- How to create Sustainability and build resilience in Supply Chain through risk management.
- Need for building robust programs for managing known and unknown risks in Supply Chain Management.
- Tips for efficient management of cost of risk reduction in Supply Chain management.
- Learning to strike balance between supply chain efficiency and risk reduction – The Right Ways.
Agile Workforce - Key to Efficient Supply Chain Management
- Need for Agile Workforce to prepare for and prosper through supply chain disruptions.
- How to Optimize People Performance within supply chain network?
- The Impact of an Agile Workforce within the Supply Chain Framework.
- Exploring the connection between Human Resources Management and Supply Chain Management.
- Strategies for securing an efficient Supply Chain Management.
- How HRM practices achieve improved customer satisfaction in SCM?
- Aligning Corporate and SCM Strategy.
- Connecting data, people and processes to achieve SCM efficiency.